Get Out of Debt While Making More Money!
- Episode 33: Getting Healthy, Spiritually
- Episode 032 Getting Healthy Part 2: Physical Exercise
- Episode 031 Getting Healthy Part 1: The Benefits of Adopting a Plant-Based Diet
- Episode 030 Is GOVERNMENT Above the LAW? | The DO NOT CALL List | Bankruptcy | Insider Trading and Martha Stewart
- Episode 029 Investing and Trading | The Oracle of Omaha, Warren Buffett
Subscribe to Podcast
Episode 022 The Consumer Warrior, Clark Howard
Clark Howard is just an overall good guy. Early happy birthday to you Clark Howard! (June 20) You’re going to love his story!
He’s a money guy. I’m a money guy and so I like him. Well-rounded when it comes to his money philosophy.
Listen for the huge lesson he learned when he was a sophomore in college. That lesson probably is why he’s so passionate about helping people save money and make good decisions when it comes to product choice and avoiding rip-offs.
Clark’s Accomplishments (just a few)
Voted into the National Radio Hall of Fame.
Author of several consumer tips and bargains books.
His net worth is about $15 million.
RICH HABIT POOR HABIT
Based on 350 interviews of rich and poor people by Tom Corley.
Rich habit for today is: Be patient
Tom Corley says, “Eighty percent of the rich in my study did not become rich until age 50. Fifty-two percent did not become rich until age 56. It takes a long time to create wealth.
- What Tom Corley is NOT saying here is wait until you’re 50 or 56 to start doing the things you need to do to become successful and wealthy.
- He’s saying do those things NOW and then it takes time to get to where you want to be. I have a bit of time before I’m 50. I can tell you that when I’m 50 years old, I’m not going to be at a job saying I should’ve at least tried to start a business and work for myself when I was in my 30s and then start a business at that time.
- The time is now, my friends and then it takes time. Learn, do and then enjoy.
Poor habit for today is: Bright Shiny Object Syndrome
“The poor never complete what they start. I call it bright shiny object syndrome because they are constantly moving from one thing to the next. Ninety-one percent were not focused on any single goal. Ninety-four percent admitted to not setting any goals at all. Unlike the rich, they just don’t stay focused on seeing one thing through to its conclusion. They done persist. They move on when the going gets tough. That’s too bad because I found from my study that it is those hurdles and obstacles that force individuals to discover their true genius and creativity. When your back is pushed against the wall, that is when you have breakthroughs and grow as an individual. Desperate times result in discovery. We only uncover our true potential when the going gets tough. That’s why they never succeed at anything. At the heart of this syndrome is lack of confidence and belief in yourself.” Tom Corley says.
- “Learn to embrace your shortcomings, your faults and your failures. It’s what makes you a real person and those experiences draw people to you.” -Russell Brunson, Entrepreneur and Online Marketer
CALLS TO ACTION
- Please complete a review of the NaRagstoRiches Show on iTunes or any of the podcast platforms you listen on.” Your reviews will help me to know what I’m doing that you like and to continue improving as a podcaster.
- If you’re deep in debt and you want to eliminate debt the fastest, smartest way, without paying thousands to a debt settlement company or to a bankruptcy lawyer, email me at email@example.com to see which of my coaching products may be the right fit for you.
- That’s our show for today. Thanks again for hanging out with me! I hope you were inspired by something that was said in the show today. Take that bit of inspiration and write another sentence of your rags to riches story.
- Remember, the first step in becoming wealthy is knowing how to handle money, so you can get out of debt.
- Let’s improve our lives and the lives of others! I’m Jayson Narag, thank you for listening.
SourcesCategories: Entrepreneurship, Jayson Narag Debt Free Coaching, NaRagstoRiches Show